What is the Steem challenge?
The Steem Challenge is a project we created to show the world what individuals can do with the same amount of money. The money we use is called Steem – a cryptocurrency (similar to Bitcoin) that is used by tens of thousands users each day on the social media blogging platform Steemit.com. Transferring Steem is quick (3 seconds) and costs zero fees, which makes it very practical for many things.
The Steem challenge is sponsored by Fundition , which allows us to send Steem to entries that meet the minimum requirements.
Ready to join the 5 Steem Challenge?
First you need a Steemit account to submit your entry. If you don’t have an account create one here. Warning: It may take up to several days for your account to be verified and active.
Then, just follow the requirements below, fill out the submission form and you’re in!
What I Can Do With 5 Steem – Requirements
- Create a short video showing how you can spend 5 Steem.
You can spend it on yourself, buy supplies for a project you are working on, your weekly groceries, an event, a charity – it’s completely up to you.
Be sure to include the following :
Your Steemit account name
That this is your entry in the “What I Can Do With 5 Steem Challenge”
That the challenge is hosted by Promo-Mentors and sponsored by Fundition
How much 5 Steem is worth in your country’s currency at the moment you make the video.
(Check the current Steem price here )
- Video MUST be in English or include English subtitles
- Post the video to YouTube, and any one of the following:
- Make a post on your Steemit blog that includes links to your video and the other channels where it was posted. This Steemit blog post must also mention and link to both Promo-Mentors and Fundition and be tagged with #steemchallenge
You can download banners and images for use in your video and your posts from our Media Page.
- Use the form below to submit your entry.
If your entry meets the standard requirements you will get a nice $2 upvote on your blog from
All entries will have a chance to be featured on our website for which you can receive extra rewards depending on where you have shared your video and how much traction it received!
More details below.
For our featured
If your entry gets featured on our website you can earn the following percentage of the Promo-Mentors Steemit post reward in which your video is featured.
You can earn the following percentages from the post reward:
- 2% if you have met the minimum requirements described above
- 1% for each additional social media channel – excluding Medium (remember you must post to at least one of the above social channels to meet the minimum requirements)
- 2% for posting to Medium.com and an additional bonus of 5% if your Medium post is accepted by our Medium Publication
editors. Totalamount of Views/Shares/Likes you received on all Social Media platforms excluding Steemit.
100-150 – 3%
150-300 – 5%
300-500 – 10%
500-1000 – 20%
1000-2000 – 30%
2000-5000 – 40%
5000 and above – 45% (and a possible partnership with Promo-Mentors)
There is a 50% cap on reward totals.
Submissions that contain or depict violence, sexual acts, or hate speech will be automatically rejected.
By filling out the form above you grant Promo-Mentors a limited license to use all or parts